Healthy Sweets by Steve “The Food Guy”
Recently, we had Steve “The Food Guy” Teglas as a host on our Tuesday night ARIIX Live. Steve shared with us some amazing recipes that only help with weight loss goals, instead of hindering them. We wanted to start by sharing some healthy sweets that you can have to kick that killer sweet tooth to the curb and still stay on track for your goals — enjoy!
Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon pink salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Maple extract
- 2 Tablespoon Sweetener (use a healthy option)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3 cups fresh berries, larger berries chopped or sliced (I used strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 1⁄2 or 3 quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine oats, baking powder and salt. Place half this oat mixture in the bottom of a baking dish (9×13). Then top this with half the berries. And then top this with the remaining oat mixture.
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, maple extract, sweetener, vanilla, and melted butter/coconut oil. Pour over the layered berries and oats. Now top this with the remaining berries. (Gently shake the baking dish back and forth and from side to side to allow the wet mixture to get down into the oats.)
- Bake uncovered for about 25-40 minutes, until oats are tender, and the mixture is set. (My oven took 45 min.)
- Serve immediately with a splash of almond milk. (Or cool, then cover and refrigerate to reheat later.)
Apple Spice Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ – ¾ cup sweetener
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon pink salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour the batter equally into a paper-lined muffin tin. They should be approximately ¾ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for five minutes, before removing the muffins from the pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
(store cooled muffins in an airtight container. 2 days at room temperature or frozen for up to 2 months.)
Peanut Butter Pie Delight
- 1 Apple chopped
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg
- 1 TBSP Crunchy Natural Peanut Butter
- Place chopped apples in microwave bowl and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over apples
- Microwave apples 2 minutes
- Stir in 1 TBSP Crunchy Peanut Butter
4.Top with 1 tsp crushed, unsalted nut of choice. I did walnuts!